Monday 3 March 2008

And Yesterday..... We got a Wi

Well. What an amazing waste of time this is going to be.

I can do golf. I can do tennis. I can do bowling.

But I'm absolutely useless at boxing.

Not because I can't bring myself to hit the dummy on screen, but because it's too energetic and I run out of steam before the poor bloke falls over and stays down for a count of ten.

I am told that we are also going to get 'Olympics' which involves doing the hundred metres, amongst other things. I will let you know how I get on.

Have drawn attention of others playing with this silly thing, to the article in the newspaper yesterday regarding serious repetitive strain injuries caused by too much wi-ing. Fell on deaf ears of course!

I suspect this is going to get well in the way of 'The Tree Project', at least until the novelty wears off.

So, no new pictures of logs this morning and I refuse, point blank, to take a photo of the Wi. Although I shall be videoing some of the players because it is really very, very funny to see otherwise sane people throwing themselves around at the tele.

3 comments:

Erin said...

My husband and I bought a wii for Christmas and we love it!! The boxing is hard-it is a good workout! Enjoy!

Barbra said...

Enjoy but be careful. I've read of some stresses and strains from trying too hard!

VickiCockcroft said...

Yes, barbra, I intend to be very careful!! I'm not a natural athlete, but I am fairly competitive, so I was getting really into the bowling.

I can quite see how, at the beginning, people were letting go of the hand thingy and seeing it flying into the tele screen, or worse.

Sorry, erin, I can't cope with the boxing - see above re natural athlete! But my daughter's boyfriend is using it exactly for that purpose!!

Lovely to have your comments. Thank you kindly.