Sunday 16 March 2008

And Today is The Day That I Dig the Hole for the Duck Pond


Well. Duck pond is a bit of a euphemism. I am going to use the old kitchen sink, set into a very wet patch of the orchard, on the assumption that it will fill with water and I shan't have to carry buckets up all the time.

I have, of course, lost the plug. So I set about thinking what I could use instead. And decided that I needed something round and heavy to hold down a piece of plastic in the plughole. And came up with the ideal answer. A plug.

Having crisis of conscience about whether to temporarily 'steal' a plug from the bathroom sink...will it ever get replaced if I do (?), or whether to dig the hole, sink the sink and wait a week to buy a plug. It'll never happen. I shall steal.

And all this in anticipation of some not yet born ducks from an enthusiastic member of the family who has two and a drake in her suburban back garden and eggs in her incubator.

Such are the problems and conundrums that beset the smallholder. But they're not heavy problems or unsolvable conundrums and serve to keep one's mind off more serious matters!!

I shall post pictures of orchard, 'pond', ducks and, possibly, stolen plug at some suitable point in the future.

In the meantime, I have a tree picture, for your approval.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! And your blogging is coming along well ;0))

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it.

Rosebud Collection said...

Looking forward to seeing the duck pond, but do like the tree picture..
Very interesting...

VickiCockcroft said...

It's a very, very small duck pond....