Monday 26 January 2009

The Ducks



Being a dilitary sort of blogger, I think I haven't posted a picture of the ducks. So I shall. They are the bane of my life! As they involve a longish walk up the bank, carrying water when it hasn't rained, much of which ends up in my wellies. And a longish walk up the bank to get them into their house at night. Great fun in the summer. Not great fun in the Welsh winter.

This particular breed is rather neurotic and they are so similar it is impossible to think of them as individuals. So they are just 'the ducks', whereas all the chickens have names and personalities.

However, I am doing them down a bit. They quack when they see me, they splash happily and funnily in their pond and I know that, eventually, they will start laying eggs. I just know they will.....

And I shall post the minute they do.

There is talk of a gander, but that's a story for another day.

The cat, Dogger, does not bother them at all. He looks fierce here, but he was just putting this on for the camera. They quack at him when he comes up with me to feed them, which he often does. He is, I must say, not a lot of help! But it's nice to have him around.

No comments: